I adore mince pies and overindulge on these over the Christmas period. My recipe below is so easy to follow; you’ll be scoffing them in no time!
This recipe makes 12 delicious mince pies, you will need a deep 12-hole muffin tin, a 10cm round pastry cutter and a star cutter
What you will need:
- 600g jar of mincemeat
- 375g plain flour
- 250g softened butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- Splash of cold water
- Milk for rushing
- To make the pastry, rub the flour, butter, sugar, egg and water together unit it comes together as a dough.
Do not over work it. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas 6
- Roll out the shilled pastry to a 3mm thickness.
Using the plain pastry cutter, cut out 12 discs of pastry.
Press the discs down into the muffin holes and fill each one with a good helping of mincemeat, to come three-quarters of the way up.
- Using the star pastry cutter, cut out 12 stars and place one on top of each pie and gently push down, then brush each lid with milk.
- Place in the heated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with some icing sugar for a festive snowy effect.
I love these served warm with some fresh thick cream.
FOLLOW US ON PINTEREST FOR MORE FESTIVE TREAT IDEAS AND RECIPES
Recipe based on ‘Paul’s Mince Pies from The Great British Bake Off: Christmas Cook Book’